Apply for Georgia Public Assistance Benefits Online

If you live in Georgia and want to apply for public assistance benefits online, such as Child Care, Child Support Services, Energy, Medicaid, Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services, or Aging Services, you should visit the website It will help you check if you are eligible for the program and let you apply for the public assistance benefits online within a few simple steps.

How to apply for public assistance benefits online:

Step 1: Open the website link:, click the “Am I Eligible?” button to check your eligibility. You will asked to provide information about the people in your home, the money you get from a job or other places, your housing costs and a few other bills. At the end, you will be told if you might be able to get help through program.

Step 2: If you’re eligible, click the “Apply For Benefits” button and follow the instructions to submit your application online.

Step 3: You will receive your benefits some days after your application is approved. If you want to check the status of your application, just click the “Application Status Check” button.

Please note: It is no longer available to apply for Food Stamps/SNAP benefits through this website. If you would like to apply for it, please visit

Need more help using Georgia COMPASS, there are Community Partners who can assist you with this process. Click here to see a list of available resources in your area, or you may call 1-877-423-4746.

Learn more from!

10 Comments on "Apply for Georgia Public Assistance Benefits Online"

  1. my sister is now here, she was in jail and was released. i need to add Pamela Jean Hutcheson on with me and the children.she also needs medicaid asap , she needs her medication. also need to find out why Demontrey Hutcheson,s medicaid is off and he is eleven years old. please contact me Bonnie Juarez asap to get this matter resolved. 912-270-9639 or e-mail me.

  2. i had a very bissy day yesterday getting boyfriend and the kids to the doctors, planning a birthday party for my three year old for later that afternon. then i had a mandetory store meeting at my job i had to go to from 3:30pm-5:30pm. after the meeting was birthday party, so it was after 10pm by the time i got home. some one else had retrieved the mail and brought it in the house and i wasnt told that i had any mail. so today i got up thinking i didnt have to go any where today, so im stuck at home with no vehicle. then i find a defax notice, i open it and its my employment verification form thats my boss has to fill out, and guess what day its is due back to the change center by, 12-3-2010 and guess what todays date is? yes todays date is 12-3-2010. now my boyfriend definately cant leave work to bring me the truck in order to get this taken care of, so i call my mom and asked her to leave work and take these forms to my boss. now my mother is 68 years and is a hair stylist how ever shes not on any ones payroll, she rents a chair for a salon owner. this being one her bissest days of the week just lost on any where from $80.00 to $165.00 because of the defax company lack of regard that there systems dosen’t schedule info due back date enough time that it takes to reach me through the mail. this never has been a proublem years ago in the past, it seems like its been a proublem for me ever sense i have moved to lumpkin co. so is that what it is the county i live in? or is this how defax gets rid of case loads, make sure we not giving enough time to get info back to yall so you can cancel us or what is the deal. i feel the people that need assitance that have this proublem with defax, that it is very disrespectful of defax and very unfair to the public. that is setting people up for failure.


  3. @bobbi wardlaw: please do not post your ss # on here i just googled, and all of your information is posted for the entire free world to view. i hope you get the help you need for your granddaughter but please do not post any private info on here. IDENTITY THEFT IS REAL!!!

  4. rebecca hawkins | December 7, 2010 at 7:46 am |

    I need to make changes to my case . due to my husband hours are down. i left copies of the check stubs at local office. she faxed them over. call back number(9126786830) thanks.

  5. mary a jones | December 8, 2010 at 3:36 pm |

    need to add grandson to my case. please contact me through email thank you m jones

  6. im needing to make a change which i turned my information into the local office but my case manager is very rude and seems to not know what she is doing, i am paralyzed and cant work, income and food is very important why is it that i cant get a resonable response out of the local case manger, even the supervisors are baffled at there jobs, ive waited two hrs on the phone with the change center and no one picks up what is there too do???

  7. Eureka Shannon | December 14, 2010 at 7:08 pm |

    I was trying to report a change but can’t seem to get it right it will not let me end my income only says to add. Please help!!!

  8. Andrea Murray | December 28, 2010 at 11:43 am |

    I’ve been trying to call into DFCS to report a change. I have a new address. 72 Howell Street, #B, Atlanta, GA 30212. I also have a job. It’s part time and I work a total of 25 hours a week. The amount I get paid is $10.00 an hour for a total of $696.00 a month. I take home $174.00 a week. My rent is $524.00 a month including utilities. My phone bill a month is $50.00. I’ve been late with my rent for the past two months, so I’m paying an extra $100.00 a month to my landlord since I’ve been working which comes to a total payout of $674.00. I have $22.00 left over a month. Will I be able to get food stamps till, because it would surely be a great help. I’m suppose to be able, in the future to get more hours per month, but don’t see that happening until around March or possibly April of 2011.

    I’ve been trying to reach you by phone since November, 2010. I started working November 8, 2010. Today I tried again to reach you and as usual couldn’t get through.

    Please let me know how I can get some sort of assistance with food per month.


    Andrea Murray
    (last 4 digits of social – #4987.

  9. Andrea Murray | December 28, 2010 at 12:04 pm |

    I’ve also been trying to get a government phone. I applied for on back in August, I think, but never received one. Then I went back on a couple of weeks ago and tried to give them my change of address and was informed my information wasn’t correct. Please tell me what I can do. Thanks

    Andrea Murray

  10. I am trying to get help for my 3 kids and myself please help i lost my unemployment. I cant pay my bills of feed my kids PLEASE HELP SOON. Iwill be okey just want my kids to be tooking care of, they come first. We need food stamps and health ins asap PLEASE. thank you for your time and for any help you can give.

Comments are closed.