American Express Green Card was the original Amex charge card that was introduced in 1958. This card has both pros and cons. It is the cheapest card among all the American credit cards and its Membership Rewards program is outstanding.
From the second year, the annual fee adds up to $95 and you can get up to five additional cards for $35 a year. The payment should be carried out monthly and this means that there is no APR for this card.
The reward earning structure of American Express Green Card is simple. The Cardholders can get various redemption options through the Membership Rewards Program. Green Card users receive 1 point for every $1 in net purchases. The only exceptions are Uber and Amextravel.com spending, for which users receive 2 points for every $1 spent (all Membership Rewards cards share this minimum rate). You are also allowed to transfer points to the airline partners.
The cons are also worthy to mention. There are very few benefits and features when compared to other American Express Charge Cards. And the cardholders must pay balance at the end of the month.
Basic information about American Express Green Card:
1) Annual Membership Fee: $0 for the first year, then $95
2) Transaction Fees: 2.7% of each transaction after conversion to US dollars.
3) Penalty Fees: Late Payment: Up to $37. Returned Payment: Up to $37
How to apply:
- Visit the website: getamexgreen.com
- Please enter the Zip Code and the 14-character RSVP Code from your invitation.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the registration form with some personal information, such as your first name, second name, Email Address, date of birth etc.
- Clicking the submit button.
- You can print all information in the Box by pressing “Print the Information Box Above” if you have such requirement.