Many people are complaining that it’s very difficult to program their Comcast remotes correctly. Yes, if you don’t discriminate the remotes clearly and find the right codes for your TVs, it’s difficult to success. There are Comcast Digital Adapter Remote, Comcast Universal Remote with Red OK/Select button, Comcast Universal Remote with Gray OK/Select button, and other brands remotes. Each control has a different programming method and require different code for your various TVs.
How to Program Comcast Digital Adapter Remote:
The Comcast Digital Transport Adapter (DTA) remote is designed to work with the Digital Transport Adapter (Digital Adapter) supplied by Comcast. It is designed to operate all of the features and functions of the Digital Adapter and is programmable to operate the Volume and Power of your TV. To program it, take the following steps:
1. Click here to find the code(s) for your TV if you’re using Comcast Digital Adapter Remote. And following are codes for some brand TVs.
Codes for Samsung: 10812, 10060, 10702, 10178, 10030, 11959, 11632, 11575, 11060, 10814, 10766, 10587, 10482, 10427, 10408, 10329, 10217, 10056, 10032, 10019
Codes for Sanyo: 10154, 10088, 10146, 10159, 10232, 10484, 10735, 10798, 10799, 11907
Codes for Sharp: 10093, 10153, 10165, 10398, 10491, 10851
Codes for Toshiba: 10154, 10156, 11265, 10060, 10036, 10149, 10736, 10832, 11343, 11369, 11704, 11935
Codes forVizio: 11758, 10864, 10885, 11756
2. Turn on the TV.
3. Press and hold SET until the Red Light blinks twice, then release SET.
4. Enter the first code for your TV. If you perform this procedure correctly, the Red Light ill blink twice. If you enter an invalid code, the red light will display one long blink and exit the programming mode.
5. Aim the remote control at your TV and press Power once. The device should turn off. If it does not respond, repeat steps 3 to 5,trying each code listed for your brand until you find one that works.
How to Program Comcast Universal Remote:
The Comcast Custom 3-Device universal remote control is preprogrammed at the factory to operate the Cable Box
supplied by your Comcast system, an RCA TV, and an RCA VCR (in the AUX mode). To program it, follow the below steps:
1. Click here to find the 4-digit code(s) for your TV if you’re using Gray OK/Select Button Comcast Universal Remote, or click here to find the 5-digit code(s) if using Red OK/Select Button Comcast Universal Remote. Brands are listed
in alphabetical order with the most popular codes listed first. Here are some popular brand codes for you.
4-digit codes for Toshiba: 0000 (for cable boxes); 0154, 0156, 0060 (for TVs)
5-digit codes for Toshiba: 00000 (for cable boxes); 10154, 11256, 10156, 11265, 10060, 10650, 10845, 11156 (for TVs)
4-digit codes for Samsung: 0144 (for cable boxes); 0060, 0030, 0178, 0056, 0702 (for TVs)
5-digit codes for Toshiba: 00144 (for cable boxes); 10060, 10812, 10702, 10178, 10030, 10766, 10814, 11060 (for TVs)
4-digit codes for Sony: 0000, 0111 (for TVs)
5-digit codes for Sony: 01006 (for cable boxes); 11100, 10000, 11317 (for TVs)
2. Turn on your TV.
3. On the remote control, press the TV key once.
4. Press and hold Setup until the selected mode key blinks twice, then release Setup.
5. Enter the first code for your device. If you perform this procedure correctly, the selected mode key will blink twice.
NOTE: If you enter an invalid code, the selected mode key will display one long blink and exit the programming mode.
Try another valid code.
6. Aim the remote control at your device and press Power once. The device should turn off. If it does
not respond, repeat steps 3 to 6, trying each code listed for your brand until you find one that works. NOTE: If the device does not have a Power key, press the (Play) key.
Codes for other brands remotes:
Learn more from www.comcast.com/remotes